SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fashionista

Okay, after reading it again and again, I think this new font does not differ much from my old font. Compare these two sentences below:

Old font: The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog

New font: The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog

If your computer/browser cannot view the fonts, then too bad...you missed the whole fun (which happened in one of my friend's MAC).

Fashionista

I know I am nowhere near a fashionista, the limited resources and collections I have made me wear almost the same apparels twice or thrice a month; but heck I don't really care. It's not like I'll be smarter or fairer by having extensive collections of clothing.

But I am not a fashion victim either. I do not go to IMU with pink hijab, blue blouse, green pants and red shoes (now, suddenly that sounded appealing. Maybe I should try one day..heh).

But there is one thing about fashion that I do not understand.
How do people see fashion?
Why did Kate Middleton's wedding dress receive such tremendous compliments and praises?
I agree that it looked elegant, beautiful and what I liked most was it is not too-revealing (unlike the wedding dresses in Hollywood movies). But apart from that, there is nothing more to it, it is simply; beautiful.
I would have said the dress is beautiful if it was blue or pink.
Why must it be described as "not disappointing"?
What would make it disappointing?
I'm sure whatever she might be wearing on that day was not going to be disappointing.

But never mind, it doesn't really affect my life whether or not her dress was stunning or mouth-dropping.
I was just curious, what were the criteria for people to judge a dress?

IMU

Tomorrow will be my last lecture in IMU.
How time rockets!
I will certainly miss all the lecturers in IMU. :(
Dr Annie Tay and her irreplaceable jokes and stories, Prof Francis and his weird facial expressions, Dr Srikumar and his superb presentation skills and oh....let's just save this acknowledgment bit until I really leave IMU.

I am not sure how is my feeling, tomorrow being the last lecture day.
Being sentimental, I cant avoid feeling sad.
But at the same time, I am glad. It's sort of a "way out" for me.
Not all memories in IMU have been good ones for me.

And at the same time, finishing lectures also means my exam is getting near!
Summative is next week, thank you.
And EOS5 will ensue 2 weeks later.
What an agony.

After exam?
What will happen?
I don't know.
There are too many things I hope will happen, but I doubt they will.

I am finally leaving IMU.

And oh...I really do not know how I feel about that.

p/s: I've so far managed to keep to my one day one post challenge for May despite the terrible streamyx connection these few days.
:D


-Because life is a test-


-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment