SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

1 Million Changes within 2 Weeks?

I last wrote in this blog on Nov 1st. And today is already Nov 15th. I shd hv written this on Nov 11th! Then I can get smthing rememberable for the famous 11.11.11.

Well, for the past two weeks, my life has been vry good, fun and even crazy at times.

First and perhaps most exciting of all, I've finished my cardio-respiratory ward placement. As I've described it earlier, I found d placement almost a waste of my time. I didn't really learn much, myb I myself wasn't hardworking enough.
But some of my groupmates surely didn't make my life easier (not that I expect them to), but even went to the extent to make me feel awful.

So d end of that placement itself was somethng I cherished. Even d fact that my next placement will be Community placement, which means i'll hv to travel almost 15 miles 3 days a week to the clinic did not dampen my spirit *wink*
I am now in the middle of my 3rd week in community placement.
Let me just explain some terms now.
In an academic year, there will be two semesters. And in each semester we will be in a block. In each block, there will be 3 firms. The firm I am in now, is the community placement firm. That horrible firm I was in was CardioRespiratory wards (I wonder now if it is okay for me to criticise the firm placement in a blog like this where technically, anyone on Earth can read it). And each firm will take 4 weeks, that means next week will be my last week in the clinic.

I now have to travel to Blackburn, another town 3 times a week to complete my GB placement firm. Gratefully, I can claim £5 of bursary each day. I spent more than that for transportation however but at least, there is some help there.

Guess what?
2 Thursdays ago, I was dismissed early from the clinic, and I went into town.
I walked into a phone store, and walked out with a new Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray!



It was a very very impulsive decision I've made to buy the phone. It started with two of my housemates, Kiew and Syahidah buying new Samsung Galaxy SII. Then Madiiha and Nadia bought SII as well. And everyone started flashing their smartphones while my handphone kept getting "jammed" and not allowing me to read the messages in the inbox. Not to mention, the housing of the phone broke just before I flew here.

Honestly, I was planning to buy an Iphone. I was waiting for Iphone 5 to come out, but 4S came out instead. But nvm, I was waiting for the latest Iphone to come out so that the price of iPhone 4 will drop, slightly at least. And I was also waiting for my next allowance so that I'll be able to manage my financial.

But then, another friend bought a new phone and that just set me off. 12 hours after knowing that friend bought a new phone, I browsed thru all the available phones in O2. The next day, I came home with a new phone. Hahaha... O2 is a service provider company over here, equivalent to Maxis/Digi/Celcom in Malaysia. And they have this package where u pay £21.50 every month for 24 months and u get a free phone, 200mins of call, unlimited SMSes and 500MB of internet data.
If not for the £100 of deposit (since I've been in the UK for less than 3 months), I would have not have to pay a single penny that day, because the bill comes at the end of the month.

So now, I have a cool handphone with me :D
And iPhone? Well....save that dream for another 6 months at least.

Eid Adha
Everyone knows that last two Sundays was Eid Adha.
And thank God, the Malaysian Muslim community in Preston held quite a memorable Eid celebration! On Saturday night, they came to our house for break fast and takbir.
And the next day, the celebration was in one of our senior's house.
There was no cow but there were lots of chickens.
And children (not to eat!) and desserts, and games!

Here is the video that Eddy, one of the guys did on the celebration :)
I can't stop smiling watching it.
And I think I can watch it every day!



I woke up at 6am, and skyped with my family that morning (Msian evening).
And made our way to the senior's hse. And guess what, it was -1˚C that morning!
The heater in my room gave me a false sense of security. I did not expect it to be THAT COLD thus I put on only a thin layer of jacket. Half way walking to our destination, I was practically trembling while holding the container of rendang for potluck. And I can barely feel my fingers.
The coldest temperature so far was -2˚C, and that was the day after Eid.
Since then, it has never gone lower than 5˚C.

What else is there to be talked about?
Oh, a lott!! How I spent most of my time figuring out and exploring the features in my new phone, and how I got engrossed with this one Korean drama and finished 16 episodes in abt 4 days time. And how I started eating ibuprofen instead of paracetamol for pain reliever.
And how I am now getting better in making not only good looking sandwiches but also sandwiches that taste good.

But if I were to talk about all of that, I think readers will have their eyes partially shut halfway reading it.
So, let's end here!

I gotta get ready for sleep, tomorrow I shall travel to Blackburn!
Hope all iz well!

*grin grin and clap clap*


-Because life is a test-




-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment